SUBANG JAYA, 9th February 2021 – The Malaysia Retail Chain Association (MRCA) under the leadership of past MRCA President, Dato’ Tay Sim Kim, set up the MRCA Branding Education Charity Foundation in the year 2010 with the RM1 million fund raised. With the set-up of this Foundation, the MRCA started to work on giving back to the society through visitations and donations to Charitable Homes during Malaysia’s main festive seasons – Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Deepavali and Christmas.
One of Foundation’s main projects is to give back to the community. In conjunction with the forthcoming Chinese New Year celebration, the MRCA Foundation has donated a total of RM10,000 to 5 selected NGOs as listed below:
2. Beautiful Gate
3. Persatuan Insan Istimewa Cheras Selangor
4. Persatuan Kebajikan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Insan (PKKII)
5. Persatuan Kebajikan Kanak-kanak Terencat Akal Malaysia – IQ70Due to the current pandemic situation, we did not organize for a visitation like we used to. We hope that with these donations, we can promote awareness amongst our community on the importance of reaching out and helping the less fortunate and underprivileged. With the blessings we receive, we should always strive to give back to the community from time to time to show our love and support towards our society.
In addition, the MRCA also gives recognition fund to the children of members and staff who have achieved excellent results for UPSR, PT3, SPM and STPM.
For further enquiries and information about this charity donation, please do not hesitate to contact the MRCA Secretariat at 03-5882 4333 or email to [email protected]
About the MRCA Branding Education Charity Foundation
As the leading retail chain association in the nation, the Malaysia Retail Chain Association achieved tremendous breakthrough in the year 2010. Under the initiatives and leadership of its 2008-2010 President Dato’ Tay Sim Kim, the MRCA raised RM1 million for the set-up of the MRCA Foundation.
The MRCA Branding Education Charity Foundation Trustees
1. Datuk Lee Hwa Cheng, Chairman of MRCA Branding Education Charity Foundation 2020-2022
2. Dato’ Eddie Choon
3. Datuk Albert Chiang
4. Dato’ Tay Sim Kim
5. Datuk Seri Nelson Kwok JP
6. Dato’ Liaw Choon Liang JP
7. Datuk Seri Garry Chua
The objectives of the MRCA Branding Education Charity Foundation are:
– To receive and administer funds for medical, educational and charitable purposes.
– To provide medical and surgical facilities and services.
– To organize, carry out and support schemes for the relief of human suffering and treatment of sicknesses and diseases.
– To assist, aid and give relief and to render financial assistance to the poor and needy. To provide educational assistance to the needy and the most deserving students.